ictus

ictus

Sunday 7 July 2013

West Norwood Book of the Dead

  I love Chris McCabe's recent project about locating the graves of little-known or forgotten poets in West Norwood Cemetery as described on Poems for Sale, a recent addition to my blog-roll: chris-mccabe.blogspot.co.uk
   I used to live in West Norwood and it's not the most vibrant corner of south London; in fact, now that the library has closed down, the cemetery is one of the few things it's got going for it. McCabe's painstaking interweaving of historical/literary research and pychogeographic divination in unearthing these twelve "mute inglorious Miltons" and creating a site-trail signposted with fragments of their lines will certainly draw me back to SE27 for a meander of my own this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment